According to a study in the journal Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, purify water by filtering out heavy metals, especially lead (Pb) and copper (Cu) can be done with a banana skin.
In that study, which used a banana peel is not modified but simply chopped into small pieces and then inserted into the contaminated water. Chopped banana peel can be used up to 11 times without losing its ability to absorb heavy metals. Another in addition to purifying water. Some of them are as follows:
- Relieves pain. Vegetable oils contained in the banana skin has certain compounds which merit as a pain reliever. Attach the banana skin is clean and still fresh to relieve pain in severe burns or scratches.
- Overcoming itch. Itching from insect bites or mild allergies can be overcome with a banana skin. The way is to stick it on the surface of the skin that feels itchy.
- Treating the banana skin warts are believed to have antiviral activity, so that many who use it to drive out the wart from the skin surface. How to put a banana peel, then arrested with plaster and allowed to heal by itself.
- Accelerate wound healing. Wounds that had started to dry itchy skin because it closed off the hardened flakes. Fragments that can be eliminated more quickly simply by rubbing a banana peel, because it will react with the enzymes contained therein.
- Enrich the soil. Not only for the compost mix, banana peels can be directly dumped into the ground just to fertilize plants in the vicinity. Banana peel contains potassium which is needed in plant growth.
- Polish ornamental plants. Various kind of anthurium plants, waves of love and the like would be more interesting if the leaves look shiny green. Use the inside of banana skin texture is soft to polish it, then leaves it will be shiny and more durable.